Wednesday 13 March 2013

Francis' Journal: At Home in the Reach

I'm back in Divinity's, much longer in the frozen wilds and I'm sure my fingers would have fallen off. Thankfully odd jobs I secured around Hoelbrak (mostly involving me getting into small spaces or babysitting children almost as tall as me) have earned me enough money to rent somewhere to stay in the city. It took me a while to find a good place however, I've live in the Reach my entire life yet scarcely know it. My years were mostly spent confined to places where people of my standing were expected with only the odd bout of travel.

So my last few days have been spent fully exploring the city, the good and the bad of it. I even somehow managed to pick up new friends along the way. A chance meeting with a young man named Tyrion was exactly what I needed after a stressful day of turning down too many wrong alleyways and having to walk backwards quickly. His company was refreshing, we sat by a small water feature not far from Rurikton and had a small chat. From what I could tell he's attracted to men but insecure in himself and not sure how to act on his attractions. I tried to be encouraging and I'll continue to be so. It feels odd that I could be a mentor of sorts to him, coaxing him to accept who he is, but also quite exciting.

I also met the roguish Julien. I happened to be passing a bakery when hungry so popped in and I'm utterly glad I did. To say I was charmed by the man behind the counter would be putting it mildly, he has a playful smirk that makes me grin no end. We agreed to meet again, though I'm not sure if it's just as friends or if it's a date. It's hard to be certain as I know which I'd prefer it to be and that may be clouding my judgement.

Either way it's good to be able to talk to people again, I was beginning to feel disconnected. Even the girl who rents the other room in the place I found to stay isn't around much, I get the feeling she may be involved in something dubious and I'm really glad my door has a lock on it.




OOC: Divinity's Reach fully explored and RP with other people found, this is making Julien more enjoyable to play but also slowing that levelling progress!! Also, new coat, because.. y'know.. Francis has his priorities straight and style comes before food..

Francis and Tyrion



No comments:

Post a Comment