Sunday 27 January 2013

Levelling Crafting the Profitable Way, Part 6

Continued from my previous 'Levelling Crafting the Profitable Way' journals.

By this point you should be fairly comfortable in your approach to levelling your crafting disciplines, you'll be hating that some level brackets eat your money but seeing that the profitable brackets cover that nicely. Levelling in this way is a slow process, which is why many just get lazy and throw their money at it to be done but I find doing it this way far more rewarding in the long run.

While crafting I ensured to keep making items that would progress my level as much as possible, as such my profits are the bare minimum of what I could make using this method. It requires very little effort to keep remaking profit-worthy items from brackets that no longer give you XP alongside those that do, maximising your profits as you go.


At the (roughly) quarter way stage of my levelling I had a total of 1g 30s 28c to my name. I say roughly as while my Huntsman was at 100 my Jeweler was at 150 as I got carried away and forgot I'd meant to do a 1/4 way progress report!

By the time I got to the halfway stage of both disciplines at 200 I had just over 2g in the back pocket of my new Krytan trousers (bought as a lovely friend gave me a gem card as a gift). On top of that the lovely Amber is now level 13, that's 7 levels earned without stepping foot outside Divinity's Reach.

I'm going to be taking a break from 'Levelling Crafting the Profitable Way' for now to focus on other guides and projects for Golden Griffon. I feel like I've given enough tips and shared my experiences enough that a person could comfortably get to their 400 crafting while maintaining a profit. That said, Amber won't be forgotten! When I have the time I'll be back to this project so you'll get at least one more post on the matter in the future even if it's just an end count on my gold!

I'd just like to thank my friends at GW2-Market for their encouragement in writing these guides, it was great getting your input guys and I was especially pleased to hear that from shiggidyshwa that my advice had been of use and that they were not only levelling their armoursmithing but using it to make money. I'm so glad to know the advice translates to other crafting disciplines!

No comments:

Post a Comment